Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I passed!!!

I officially passed my oral examination on Tuesday, June 12th, 2007 at 12:10PM. Hooray! From Saturday to the very start of my defense, I was super nervous. I kept on practicing my presentation, looking at previous studies, and thinking of possible questions that may come up. I reviewed my slides probably 100 times, checking for errors and making them colorful and easy to understand. On the day of the defense, I woke up at 7:30AM to practice my speech again. Then I spend 30 frakin' minutes dressing myself. For some odd reason, I looked like a dork in every single outfit I tried on. Then my hair was stupid-looking. Grrrr!!!!!!!! During the defense, I was not paying attention to what I was presenting. The entire time I was thinking, "Oh no, these people are looking at me. Great, I am not going to pass. Can they hear me? Some people are sleeping!"

After my defense, the lab had a mini celebration with me and we had lovely cheesecake. Then I went to lunch with HappyOblivion at Asahi Grill (my favorite fast food place) to pig out more. Now I have to work on revising my written thesis so I can finally relax and not have this big fat weight over my shoulders wherever I go.

No comments: