The entire month of July was the busiest and most stressfull period of my life! I had to finish my research paper which went through 5-6 drafts. On top of that, I had to wrap up a couple of other projects. There was also a last minute project that I had to set up the week before my trip to San Jose. By the way, I passed the oral presentation and the written thesis. Whew, I can finally graduate! It was no vacation in San Jose. My daily schedule was: Day - spend time with family, night (10PM to 3AM) - work on research projects. Oh, and I went to my friend's baby shower. It was nice seeing all my high school friends again. I still cannot believe she is having a baby! HappyOblivion came for the last week to interview in Davis. It was nice having him around because I had an excuse to rest for a couple days to entertain him. Below are some pictures I took of my niece and nephew, and my beautiful turtles. There are also pictures of Davis.
I came back for my graduation ceremony which was on August 12th. I was so happy that my parents came to see me in my oversized Ph.D. gown. So stupid I wore the wrong gown. Well, can't complain because my good friend (Susan) let me borrow hers. Knowing how "pake" (cheap) I am, I ain't gonna pay $35 for something I will wear only once. I was mad paying for the hood and tassel already. We all went dim sum after the ceremony where my parents met some of my friends. My parents really liked the dim sum place. Mahalo HappyOblivion for organizing everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment