Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Stairways everywhere!

Dang it, I am doing it again - forgetting to blog about the house. Christmas is almost here and we are trying to wrap up the renovation. At the same time, I have committed myself to baking 20 loaves of banana bread. While I am totally diggin' the holiday spirit, multitasking between baking, designing, renovating, working, traveling (outer island), and cleaning has taken a toll on me. I have been sleeping much less and exerting more energy during the day to get everything done.

The paint job is almost done so I will be posting pictures of the final look later on. As for the backyard, it is a mess. But we did manage to squeeze in a small staircase to the yard. The guys that build this are awesome!
Stairway to Backyard
Enough about the exterior of the house. Let's take a look at the inside and what was done. Below is a picture of the upstairs area. We demolished the straight staircase and covered the puka with plywood. The family area is much more spacious now.
Larger Family Room
Below is a picture of the downstairs area with the straight staircase on the far left. The wall in the middle separated this area into two small sections - freakin' weird!
Downstairs Family Room
So, we took the wall down along with the staircase to open up the family area.
Downstairs Family Room
More to come later...

1 comment:

mlesnapshot said...

all I can say is WOW. I had no idea that you two were doing so much renovating! I hope you are done soon so that you can enjoy your house, which is what's supposed to happen when you buy a new place. ;) Take care, I'd love to talk with you on the phone sometime when you're free.