Friday, September 10, 2010

Celebration of the British period drama

Stupid British period dramas, why do they have to be so good! So, I came back from Maui and I was tired from hiking in the stream all day. My awesome honeybunch cooked dinner and we began our daily dinner & Netflix movie night. Browsing through our Instant Q, I saw the face of Richard Armitage. I didn’t know his name then but remembered him from Spooks (MI-5), another addictive British show. Next thing we know, we sat on the couch for 3.5 hours, watching the entire 4-part series of North & South. Gosh darn it! This series reminded me of Emma, Pride & Prejudice, and Persuasion, all of which are romantic British period drama that I love. Here is the last few minutes of North & South that I watched 5 times now over the past 2 days. I love how he couldn't stop looking at her and how she kept on looking away for the same reason. The cast is so gorgeous! Richard is handsome! But Bryan is more handsome!



Here is my favorite scene in Pride & Prejudice. While Mathew MacFayden is not as handsome as Richard Armitage or Rupert Henry-Jones, his acting in this movie is so real that makes all the women want to be Mrs. Darcy.

3 comments:

Mild Mannered DJ said...

Hooray for me, I think...

mlesnapshot said...

I LOVE North and South! That is one of the most beautiful endings! I got this in an elizabeth gaskell collection for christmas last year. Hurray for Ryan! :) I'm so glad you like this!

angelpoo said...

I love it love it love it! For the week after first time watching this series, I secretly re-watch the ending when Bryan is in the shower. I didn't want him to know how head over heels I was/am with Richard :)