Thursday, May 5, 2005

The Evil Flu

Maintaining a blog itsn't so easy afterall. After awhile, I run out of things to share. Well, not because I am a secretive person. It's because a working life is so damn boring! If you have been wondering where I have disappeared to for the past month, well...let's just say I had a great time and then died.

In the first week of April, I went to a residency retreat and watched all the residents meet and talk about things they don't even understand. Then I went back to California to visit my family and friends. Yup, that was fun! When I returned to Honolulu, I realized how much I missed the feeling of being at home, shopping until my wallet goes empty, and just being lazy. Oh and my baby niece is so adorable. No words can describe the happiness and joy she brought to the family. I can't wait to see her again.

Then tragedy falls on poor angelpoo, the evil flu renders her helpless on the bed for days. The muscle aches, nasal congestion, fever, and cough hits her like a tsunami, destroying all the energy and spirit that kept her alive. Five days have gone by and just when she was feeling better, recurring fever wipes her away. Now she is coughing endlessly.

Yeah, got sick on my vacation, life is beautiful. How did I get sick? Probably after visiting Davis and caught the flu at UCDMC. Damn hospitals!

No comments: