Ohhh, this game is addictive! Japanese people always come up with cutesy games that make people sit on the couch all day and play. Believe me, the concept of this game is very easy to understand. This king (who is really ugly and scary looking and wears a purple robe) did something wrong and accidentally destroys all the stars in space! He then orders the prince to carry this big adhesive ball (katamari) to Earth. His goal is to stick as much stuff as possible on the katamari and bring it back to the King. The King will then release it to space and make it a star. Easy right and somewhat stupid and weird. Just don't ask any questions. No matter how stupid this game may sound, it is driving me crazy! Doesn't this sound ridiculous, "I stay up all night trying to glue stuff on a ball so I can make it into a star." Yeah, even I laugh.So the katamari...you have to start with little things and then work your way up. The katamari won't stick to big things at first. Let's talk about levels. First level is to make a 5m ball in 3 minutes. Second level is 10m in 5 minutes. I am at a level where I have 23 minutes to make a 300m ball. That is intense! Just 3 days ago (when I got the game) I was rolling this little dingky katamari trying to find pencils and erasers to stick to it. Now, my initial targets are fences and I end up with elephants and giant octopus on the katamari! Now you know why this is stupidly intense. I play so much now that when I take the bus to school, I stare at buildings and picture myself rolling the katamari, sticking all of Honolulu on it and bring back to space.
If that's not enough, let me tell you about the 2 player part. You can compete with your buddies in making the biggest katamari in the time alloted. If your katamari is bigger than your opponents, you can actually stick him/her onto your katamari! Isn't that great! The one thing I wish to do is to stick the stupid King onto the katamari. Why? Because whenever I fail to accomplish a level, he calls me names and say I am a failure. Then he tells me I am no good and sends me away to cry. It was his fault for destroying everything in space and I am just being nice to help him rebuild his kingdom.
Anyway, if you have PS2, BUY THIS GAME!
1 comment:
Sounds like a very ridiculous game to me. But again, it's Choo, and there is only one person on Earth who can claim to be Choo, so I guess it's understandable that you did not pick up my call.
Post a Comment