Flight delay REALLY SUCKS! Here's the story:
I was flying back from San Jose to Honolulu 3 days ago. At 6:35am, my parents drove me to San Jose International Airport. Instead of going 3-4 hours early because of the terrorist incident at JFK, I took a risk and went 2 hours early. When I arrived to the airport, there was no line for ticketing and security gate! I got through in less than 10 minutes. So I sat around with my parents until 7:40am and I went for security gate check. Blah blah blah...I went on the plane. Everyone was on the plane at 8:30am and I thought we could take off early. Waited, waited...then through my iPOD, I heard the pilot talk about a radio thingy malfunctioning. The radio thingy is supposed to let us land in Honolulu Airport. After half an hour, he said SFO doesn't have a replacement. Another half hour passed and they finally found a replacement at LA. Then we had to wait another half hour for approval and paperwork to actually borrow that thing. At 10:30am, we took off to LAX to pick up the replacement. My butt was seriously hurting from sitting too much! At 11:30am, we landed at LAX. Everyone popped up and stretched, went to pee, steal food, etc... It took them half an hour to replace the radio while more food was being stocked on the plane. At approximately 12pm, we finally took off to Honolulu. I sigh of relieve but my butt was still hurting. During the flight, they fed us good and gave us free movie. I drank lots of tea, juices, and water. From LAX to HNL was 5 hours and 40 minutes. We landed at HNL at 5:40pm(PST) or 2:40pm(HST). I was officially off the place at 5:55pm(PST) or 2:55pm(HST). I walked to the baggaged claim area and waited another half hour for my luggage. ~SIGH~ I was freed from the airport at 6:30pm(PST) or 3:30pm(HST).
I was so glad to see car traffic, the trees, the buildings, and my apartment. I was so tired, my back was hurting, my butt was numb, and my head was dizzy from the the natural sun. I cleaned up for a couple hours and we went to the Made in Hawaii Festival. That night, I only slept for 4 hours because of all the freakin tea I drank on the plane. So out of 24 hours, I was up for 20 hours straight! Flight delay really sucks!
No comments:
Post a Comment