Saturday, September 9, 2006

Hawaiian Wedding

It's been so long since I last posted. Same-o same-o, busy with school and research. Deadline at the end of September ~sigh. I did have fun on labor day. I attended my first Hawaiian wedding and it was so casual. The bride wore a simple brown spaghetti strap dress and the groom wore a traditional white and green wrap. Of course the beautiful super long lei was part of the ceremony. Oh and don't forget the flip flops :) The guests wore shorts and aloha shirts. The picture taking was FAST! One picture of the wedding party and one with everyone - total of no more than 5 minutes. Afterwards, we mingled for half an hour and it's food time! The reception was right next to my favorite beach (Kalama Beach) at Kailua and everyone changed into beach wear. Food was Hawaiian - Kalua pig, poi, lomi salmon, haupia, etc... After food was all day at the beach. I body surfed one small wave but I couldn't see anything in front of me. Then we boogie boarded the rest of the day. At 5pm we headed for a mini BBQ at the park, played freesbie, football and soccer.

I absolutely loved the wedding. No stress, nothing had to be perfect because a natural- freestyle-stressfree wedding is perfect. No fat dress to squeeze through the narrow bathroom door, no need to change into 5 dresses for reception and picture taking, and you don't get tired. I think my wedding will be something similar but with Chinese lobster!

No comments: