Sunday, September 24, 2006

Alfi Ball

I have been searching for a nice and useful carafe for a the past 2 weeks. At first, I didn't know that what I was looking for is called a carafe. I just wanted something to keep my tea hot in the morning. So I started looking... First I went to ROSS and saw all these different thermo designs. There were ones with push-button top, twist top, glass interior, metal interior, and internal tea leaf holder. Well, my needs then became more and more specific...ha ha. At Shirokiya, I saw a really nice $50 NISSAN thermo which has collapsible handle. Another one was a super shiny COPICO pot bellied carafe. Yeah, the shine had a blinding effect! Next stop was Macy's and a temperature control carafe was on sale for $30. It looked ok except for the obvious red colored push-button top while the rest of the carafe was silver and black. Whoever designed that did not have much experience with colors. Either way, I bought it because I was desparate and the temperature control is pretty niffty. The last stop was Compleat Kitchen and I was blown away with the designs. They've got everything from plain to shiny to colorful, clear to opaque, round to cylinderical to vase shaped. I saw two that I absolutely love and they are both made by Alfi in Germany. You know when you first buy a shiny pot or pan, it stays shiny for maybe a week and then the scratches ruin everything? Well, this one design is scratch proof shine that lasts forever. The double-glass thermo has a shiny silver exterior that is surrounded by a clear durable plastic that forms the outside layer. So you don't mess up the shiny silver part!!! Well, I bought the shiny one...that stupid shine. Just look at it, itsn't the shine mesmerizing? The glass interior and the simple twist top make this the perfect carafe for me. I used my Alfi ball this morning and the tea was so HOT it burned my lips!!! At least I know my carafe is not defective :)

No comments: