It's been a month since I last posted. Amazing I didn't even post my endless complaints of anything and everything that goes wrong in my life. If only I had the TIME! Yup, I have concluded that time is THE problem.
Since college (which was 6 years ago), I have never had a REAL vacation. Spring and summer breaks were all excuses for the professors to dump more work on the us because "Oh, you have the entire break to finish the project" seemed to be a popular phrase among the educators.
Finding a job was the only thing occupying the minds of the recent graduates because no job, no $$$. Ever wonder how stressful and painful it was to write down EVERY single frakin' achievement over a four year period on your resume? YES, really painfull because there were none and I was stressed of my incompetence.
Ah, finally found a job with a decent salary. Let's just chill and relax after work. Yeah right! As a community representative, I was on call almost everyday. Checking emails, working on last minute projects, attending meetings while trying to understand what the meeting was about because my head was screwed from the 50 meetings in the past week.
I needed to get out of this hole so I moved to the land of paradise - Hawaii. Beautiful beaches, handsome lifeguards, just full of life and energy. Oh no, where do I live, how do I support myself, work or school, my head is exploding! So I deceided to go back to school and get a Master's degree in something, anything that made sense to me. Lucky me, I was hired to be a TA and then RA so my tuition is paid for. Now I have to graduate, AGAIN, for the fifth time!
Well, I did have one tiny vacation two days ago when my professor took the laptop for a conference. I had absolutely no work to do from 7PM to 12PM the next day because all my work was on the laptop. I felt so relieved and my muscles were very much relaxed. Now that I have my laptop back, everything is back to normal routine...no surprises.
1 comment:
:@) This is Achoo!
Post a Comment