
This President's Day was quite the special one. Instead of chillaxin on the beach or couch-potatoing with the TV, I ran 8.13 miles. Sounds pretty ridiculous :) This is my first year doing the Great Aloha Run. The route is from Aloha Tower to Aloha Stadium. I ran at a pace of 9 min 3 sec per mile and finished in 1 hour 13 min and 41 sec. Out of some 20,000 people, I finished 1513rd place. I could've been in 1510th place if only I hadn't stopped right before the finish line thinking why people were yelling at me to "KEEP GOING! YOU ARE NOT DONE YET!" Despite my stupidity, I gotta say I was pretty impressed with myself. I only stopped briefly (5 seconds) for water at the 4th, 6th, and 7th mile markers...well, and one foot before the finish line. Hopefully next year, I can beat this time.
1 comment:
you are so fast! I was so happy to partake in your brownie after the race! ;)
Post a Comment