Sunday, March 16, 2008

Limit 3 Heads

For a month, I have been waiting for the Kunia Orchid Show. On Friday night, I charged the camera battery so I could take loads of pigtures. I also withdrew some cash in case I bring home a couple orchids. All this time, I thought the show was in Kunia; hence, the "Kunia" Orchid Show. Then HappyOblivion reminded me that the location of the show changed to Waipahu, which is much farther than I expected. ["What? I thought you live in Hawaii," you say.] Yes, but that doesn't mean I know where everything is! I considered making a trip up there on Saturday with HappyOblivion but decided I could make better use of my time cleaning the apartment and running errands in town. Plus, coming up are 5 more orchid shows that are closer to town. Regardless of all these pathetic excuses, I was sad that I didn't go so I made HappyOblivion take me to Star Market where I could choose a plant to lift my spirits. I intended to buy ihi, a native Hawaiian plant I found in my new book Growing Hawaii's Native Plants. Obviously, things didn't go as planned and I bought an orchid instead, which ironically, I had planned on getting since Friday.

Afterwards, we went to eat dinner at our favorite place, Ninja Sushi at Pearl City. We love this location in particular because we know the owner, there is free corn tea to go with the sushi, and the shop is clean and cozy. As we both agree, dinner at Ninja is always a nice date :) Before returning home, we dropped by Foodland to buy our favorite Rosalani Kona Mud Pie ice cream which is still on sale 2 for $8. We came across the cabbage section and thought the sign a little hilarious. HappyOblivion and I have always made fun of each other's heads. Comments such as, "You have a fat head," or "Your head is so fat it blocks cell phone reception" would randomly pop out of our mouths throughout the day. I guess we are both a little cabbage headed sometimes.

4 comments:

happyoblivion said...

Wahiawa, not Waipahu! Still far, anyhow. Haha! Limit 3 heads!!! :)

Anonymous said...

No, poo's head is 2x oblivion's for sure

Anonymous said...

ak! I made a comment days ago! It was long like a giraffe's neck! ...stupid internet...

Well, you made it to Pearl City, that's pretty far. Well done! When Ryan went to buy his head, they were all gone! So, he had to buy a fancy expensive head. Why does anyone need more than one head? haha...

ps, lovely orchid!

angelpoo said...

Ha ha, you did?? I am sorry you spend all that time typing and stupid internet messed it up. You know...if you have time, you can retype the comment, hee :) Just kidding.