Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sushi Buffet

Sashimi Sashimi Sashimi Oy! Sashimi Sashimi Sashimi Oy! I have never seen and eaten so much sashimi before. One of the highlights of my visit back home was our sashimi buffet dinner. My sister ordered fish from an online company called Catalina Offshore Products. She ordered toro, maguro, sake, hamachi, scallops, and amaebi. In addition, she bought takoyaki, unagi and tamago. Mommy also cooked some delicious deep fried yam. Yes, we had a tremendous amount of food but we gobbled them all down with happy smiles. I particularly enjoyed the hamachi and the toro. HappyOblivion ate so much he couldn't get up from the couch. My dad loved the yam so much he ate 5 pieces. My sister probably ate 40% of the scallops. Everybody seemed like they had a second stomach. Below is a picture of the sashimi buffet dinner.

Another memorable event during my visit back home was the belated Mother's Day home cooked dinner. HappyOblivion, my sisters, and I were responsible for cooking 1-2 dishes for my mommy. HappyOblivion cooked miso wasabi salmon and pizza. My sisters cooked, pasta, beef stew, and warm chocolate cake dessert. I cooked corn soup and vegetable medley. The favorite was the pizza. My dad ate one and a half pieces and my mom ate one. Even my brother-in-law who cannot eat cheese ate a piece. I really liked the dessert. It was simple, delicious, and warm. My niece and nephew each ate one piece happily. Funny thing was that the kitchen was a complete battlefield during the cooking hours. I don't know how my mommy manages to keep the kitchen clean and still cook a delicious dinner for 8-10 all by herself in one hour. She is wonder woman.  

No comments: