Friday, May 30, 2008

Sicky Vacation

I went back home for vacation and came back with bronchitis. Yeah, kinda' sucks. However, I was elated to see my family and my precious little niece and nephew. My parents may have grown a year older since I last saw them, but they look young, handsome, and beautiful as always. My sister with the babies look malnourished, probably from chasing the kids around and not eating healthy. The other sister who bakes cakes look more healthy, same with her husband. My niece and nephew are cuter than ever. The girl can talk in chinese pretty fluently. HappyOblivion was trying to teach her english. She was a little shy at first but as they spend more time together, she was more comfortable repeating words and phrases after him. The boy can walk now. He loves his sister and smiles whenever she talks to him. Ha ha, he gets gassy too! When he wants something, he plops down on the floor and yells "ma ma". Little does he know that ma ma could not afford to spoil him. My turtles look super fat. I bought them a new aquarium heater because they broke the old one, again.

SickyShopping was fun. A New Balance Outlet opened in Gilroy and HappyOblivion saw an empty bank account flash before his eyes. He bought 3 pairs of shoes and a couple shirt there, whereas I only bought one pair of running shorts. Well, if the 5 pairs of shoes I tried on had my size, I would've went crazy too. He also bought another pair of shoes from Bass and I bought the most comfortable pair of slippers at Clarks. I can't wait to wear them on Monday when I return to work.

Last Monday, I flew back with all the sypmtoms you can imagine: cough, runny nose, fever, chills, sore throat, post nasal drip, headache, muscle ache, lost voice. Landing was %@$&# painful to my ears. I had to continually pop my ears during landing that I looked like an exploding lemming. Now I feel much better. I called work to request for sick leave and I think I sounded like a zombie!

5 comments:

poohcow said...

You have nothing to say about your big dinner as chef and the other one with endless sashimi?

angelpoo said...

Oh, I have lots to say about those dinners. I have to accompany them with pictures with I did take, hee hee. It'll have to be the next post.

Anonymous said...

Choo EE and Bryan Gor Gor, we miss you so much!

angelpoo said...

We miss you too my dear dear babies. I want to play with you two so bad. Come over! I am sorry I got sick. I hate getting sick, especially if it involves cough because I can't swim until I am fully recovered. Grrrr. I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hope you get well soon.