Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What IKEA Furniture Are U?

Recently I have become a big fan of the Apartment Therapy (A.T.) blog. It all started with my good friends whom bought a couch not too long ago. While I was looking for the perfect couch, I stumbled upon A.T. and was amazed at how theraputic it was to look at all the beautiful spaces that even a non-designer like me can put together. At first, I was interested in the House Tours where people post pictures to give the public a virtual tour of their house. Many of the interior spaces were designed on a budget, with affordable furnitures and accent elements. So when I bought the couch (YES, I bought the couch!), I wanted to make my space POP like those in A.T. without the big price tag. I just realized that sounded ironic because the couch has a big price tag. Anyway, a beautiful space has to start somewhere and I thought the couch is the perfect way to start making our space more homey and stylish. As of now, the place still looks and feels like a college dorm room but I am working on it...which brings me to this picture shown below. Kind of ridiculous to have an essay as an intro to why I am posting this picture. Here comes another intro...I was looking at the IKEA furnitures (bookcases to be exact) and stumbled (along with a million of my other stumbles) on this nifty Swedish furniture name generator. Ever wonder how IKEA come up with their furniture names? Well, click here to see what IKEA furniture you are!
I am a bed named SFUI. What's yours?

No comments: