Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Green Heaven

One fine day, we decided to visit our favorite Ho`omaluhia Botanical Garden. So much has happened and so much more will happen at this special place. I could almost imagine myself at 90 years old (lucky I live that long), sitting beside the lake with my old old husband, reminiscing of the good ol' romantic years while enjoying the beautiful and peaceful scenery surrounding us. How wonderful to lie on the grass and let the soft wind lift all the worries and stress off our shoulders. Everyone needs a bit of green heaven.

On our weekend excursion, we discovered a small park near Ho`omaluhia.  Heeia State Park is not much as seen on the trail map, until you do a little exploring of your own. A short walk to the opposite side of the park is set of stairs that lead to a secluded area, that some tidying could transform it into a cozy wedding ceremony site. The arched trees form a passageway to a mangrove beach.    
Heeia State Park
The water was quite calm and clear. With the carpet leading to the beach, we were sure some lucky person found this gem and made this his special escape.
Heeia State Park

1 comment:

mlesnapshot said...

I love Hoomaluhia. It's been years since we've visited, though. It is a happy place, though not just for people. I think it's really happy for mosquitoes as well. :) But really, next time we visit we need to take a special trip up there. good memories! Good things to come, too!!