I have been wanting to share this amazing hike that took place in March. Bryan and I have always loved Manoa Valley and will jump on any opportunity to hike the trails that allow us to explore the beauty of the valley. Puu Pia Trail starts above Woodlawn and ends at the top of a puu (hill) with a 360 degree view of Manoa. The trail is mostly gently sloping with occasional steep ascends / descends. The photo below attempts to show the steep and rooty parts of the trail.

Near the beginning of the trail were bunches of hilo holly that I originally thought were Christmas Berry, which has thinner leaves. I love the rich red color of the berries.

Half way up the trail, we were surrounded by beautifully arched Eucalyptus trees. Though it was sprinkling a bit, we were well protected even if heavy rain fell.

Near the top of the puu, we had a great view of the back of Manoa Valley.

We walked a little further up and saw that the trail was suffocated with Fiddlewood. Though a major weed in the Koolau Mountains, a closer look at the string of tiny white flowers makes the weed look almost beautiful and wanted.

Ah! We were at the top of the puu, looking at Honolulu city from the back of Manoa Valley.

Here is a closer look at the houses in Manoa. Bryan took this picture and he did a great job!

I stitched five photos together to create panorama of the Koolau Mountains that surround Manoa Valley. You can also see a little bit of the trail that leads to the puu.

On the way back, Bryan stopped to poison himself with more delicious bug spray. When he was done, he almost stepped on this poor little toad who was enjoying his bask under the warm sunlight. Look! He gave Bryan a stink eye!

After the hike, we went to refuel at Genki. We took this video for our great friends, Ryan, Emily, and Poki. Enjoy!
6 comments:
sorry, I meant to comment earlier... I made Ryan watch your video on his iphone!! hehe! We're so jealous, choo... There's so many caterpillar rolls in a row! And I spied a salmon mayo in the back...
The hike looks like a good one! We're never been on it. We'll have to do it next time we're back.
How's everything?
I hope you now realize that Genki > Ninja Sushi!
Now stop making excuses and go and update the Lunch on Friday blog. After IG and you lost interest I'm the only one commenting. In fact, I'm going to write stupid stuff on there and attribute it to the both of you!!
WHAT! I never lost interest! The fact that my kitchen drain didn't drain for a whole week should be a good reason to not blog. Aiyaaa, I never lost interest!
Hey, what a good life you have in Hawaii!
choo!!! I miss yooouuu!
Look delicious...
Post a Comment