So, I have been researching some kind of drawing pad to help with digitizing my comics. My boss referred me the Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet and I am very interested in getting one. I remember seeing one at Circuit City and was curious at what it does. Now I know it does exactly what I want, which is to digitize handwriting or sketches. There are 3 sizes: small, medium and large. I believe the small will suffice but I do like the medium size just because it gives me more space to work with. The price difference is around $75-100 tho... Then there is the color. I am planning to get an iMac desktop so the white tablet would fit. But the black is better at hiding all the scratches. I guess I have to give it some thought before investing :) If you know of good deals, please let me know!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Bamboo Fun
I have been putting off my comic drawing for two weeks now since work has been very hectic. Let's see, two days ago I came back home at 7:30PM from all day field work. I didn't hike much but I guess standing in cold water and the 4-wheel driving took all my energy. Yes, it was my first time driving 4WD and it was FUN FUN FUN! I was crossing rivers, and going over large boulders and tree stumps. My coworker said it was a good idea that I learn 4WD, as well as driving the big Chevy Trail Blazer (our State car). I look like midget in that car! Yesterday I took the car to car wash. Hee hee, 2nd time going through a car wash. It was so exciting and a bit scary too because I couldn't unscrew the antenna so I went in with the antenna up.
So, I have been researching some kind of drawing pad to help with digitizing my comics. My boss referred me the Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet and I am very interested in getting one. I remember seeing one at Circuit City and was curious at what it does. Now I know it does exactly what I want, which is to digitize handwriting or sketches. There are 3 sizes: small, medium and large. I believe the small will suffice but I do like the medium size just because it gives me more space to work with. The price difference is around $75-100 tho... Then there is the color. I am planning to get an iMac desktop so the white tablet would fit. But the black is better at hiding all the scratches. I guess I have to give it some thought before investing :) If you know of good deals, please let me know!
So, I have been researching some kind of drawing pad to help with digitizing my comics. My boss referred me the Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet and I am very interested in getting one. I remember seeing one at Circuit City and was curious at what it does. Now I know it does exactly what I want, which is to digitize handwriting or sketches. There are 3 sizes: small, medium and large. I believe the small will suffice but I do like the medium size just because it gives me more space to work with. The price difference is around $75-100 tho... Then there is the color. I am planning to get an iMac desktop so the white tablet would fit. But the black is better at hiding all the scratches. I guess I have to give it some thought before investing :) If you know of good deals, please let me know!
3 comments:
Don't worry, if you are too busy, I will take care of your pig for you! And get the medium Bamboo, in black. Of course, a certain panda might think about eating it...
sounds like fun, choo!
As far as Wacom tablets, one of the benefits I think they have is that they can sense the pressure of your drawing. So if you draw lightly, then it will have a thin line, while pressing harder thickens your line.
Also, if you have illustrator, you can place a scanned jpg or tif, and then chose the trace option. Then it will be vector line art! (I can show you in person, sometime.) I remember doing the tracing myself point by point at my first job... so tedious! Now this fancy auto-trace makes life so much easier and more fun.
oh, and the new Imac is actually silver and black. ( I have one at work) Does that help with decision making? ;)
Oh yes, thank you! Now I know what to do. First I will try the Adobe Illustrator and do the vector thingy. Then if I think I need the tablet, I will buy the silver one just because I am a little bored with black...my entire computer set is black.
And really? The new Imac is silver and black? Hmmm...the white is pretty cool tho.
Post a Comment