Whew! I just did all my Christmas shopping yesterday at Waikele. As always, I kept finding things for myself. However, I did manage to maintain focus and bought gifts for my family ... except in Sports Authority where I bought only one thing for me-self, hee :) Oh shush! I only bought a swimsuit. I decided to try the Speedo ENDURANCE line that my mom had told me about two weeks ago. She found them in Hong Kong and had wanted to buy me some. Good thing I asked her not to because when I tried them on, they were a size too big. The ENDURANCE line is 100% chlorine resistant with the 4-way stretch fabric. The material feels thicker, stronger and warmer too. Even though it was quite pricey, I decided to give it a try, hoping that their slogan "lasts 20x longer" would be at least 25% true. So, I wear out a swimsuit every 9 months. Based on my assumption, the ENDURANCE suit will have to last 15 months for me to save. Let's hope it does!
Thankgiving dinner, it was onolicious! Mahalo HappyOblivion for cooking such a delicious meal. Yes, he cooked everything himself. I only contributed the roots - yam, mashed potatoes (the real kine), and caramelized carrots. He prepared the stuffing, cranberry-orange sauce, and most important, the turkey. This year's turkey was better than last year's. Even the white meat was juicy! I dunno how Happyoblivion did it but maybe the great chef can give us hungry readers some advice for next year??
I prepared the table spread with my new "Homemade in Portugal" dishes.

Dun dun dun, the famous turkey by happyOblivion. It was a 17-pounder. The seasoning was perfect!

We invited some friends over who brought yummy pumpkin crunch cake. We were all in food coma an hour later.
2 comments:
Yum, looks great!! But.... neither the turkey nor the guests have heads. Are you sure this wasn't..... Halloween dinner? (cue scary music, turn off lights and shine flashlight on face)
That was a good catch! Nobody has heads! Whoahahahahaha!
Post a Comment