Last week, when I was on the field in Maui, I made some new friends. While I was taking flow measurements in Palauhulu Stream, a toad was sitting quietly on the bank, watching our every move. He jumped in the stream a couple times and tried to swim against the current. However, his futile attempts brought him back to the same spot. When he realized this embarrassment was scrutinized by the very same people he was watching before the swim, he stopped and went back to sitting. A majority of the photos I took that day were of this little guy.

On the way to another stream, we stopped by the wayside to rest a bit. At the parking lot were 6 chicks and the mom. The chicks were hiding beneath the mom so it looked like she had 7 pairs of feet. Then we got the chicks to come out and took this shot. Why is one chick black? Hmm...must be a wild hot mama when she was young. Ha!

I just updated my
Artsy Blog, so please check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment