Today, Bryan and I went to a food tasting event at the Koolau Ballrooms. Since the menu is rather pricy, we wanted to make sure the food is really worth our every penny. For cold items, we had the Shrimp and Broccoli Salad, Italian Marinated Mushrooms, and Greek Salad. The Shrimp and Broccoli Salad was light and creamy, broccoli was crunchy, and the shrimp was fresh.

The Italian Marinated Mushrooms were a little on the salty side (says Bryan) but I love mushrooms too much to notice. The Greek Salad had big chunks of feta cheese and "real" olives, which Bryan loved. I like the citrus feel of the salad.

For entrees, we had Pot Roasted Shoulder of Beef, Macademia Nut Breaded Medallions of Chicken, and Mahimahi Local Style. While Bryan thought the beef was not tender enough, I really liked its texture and taste. The beef wasn't too salty, and I could chew it without hurting my sensitive gums. Our second favorite was the chicken. It was juicy, tender, and crunchy. I love the hint of citrus and the nutty-nous. The best dish was the Mahimahi, which was cooked to perfection. The lomi salad adds a local flavor to the dish.

For dessert, we had an Apricot Wedding Cake. After the first bite, Bryan said, "I could eat this the whole day." Honestly, I don't think I could eat that much cake but it was delicious. Overall, we give the food an A+.
5 comments:
Looks good!!
So, am I still baking your wedding cake?
yum! this food looks so ono!
Yummy! Am I invited? If so, please have a BIG wedding cake because I can eat cake all day too.
Thank you for all your comments! Sorry, I was in Maui the last three days and now I am back! Yes Poohcow, you are still baking my wedding cake :) Helen, I can have one layer just for you, ha ha!
Post a Comment