My parents LOVE to snack and well, me too :) They told me they gained weight lately and I advised them to exercise and cut down on the snacks. I mean, sugar and nuts are great but not excessively. Then my mom said something really hilarious which kind of backfired at me. She said, "Well, if I finish all the snacks, then I don't have to worry about snacking anymore. So I'll just finish everything up then go on a diet." I told her it doesn't exactly work that way. I advised them to snack at a minimum (so they last longer) and exercise at the same time.
So I found these really yummy oatmeal crisps in my snack cabinet and I started... They are semi-sweet, thin, and totally delicious. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, they are there to make me happy. Just now, I realized how much I have been indulging myself with these stupid oatmeal crisps and I want to stop before I gain weight. So I was thinking, "Hmmm...I'll just finish them up then I don't have to worry about a thing." Well, it turns out my mom was right. It's really hard to stop snacking when you've been doing that since you were born. Oh, I just realized something else. This philosophy goes with Cheetos, Cheese Puffs, my sister's almond cookies, and everything else!
1 comment:
Well, this only works with the domain of "the current opened bag". With me, if I like something, I will go back to the store and buy more.........
And now, I am "snacking" Daikon Cake....
Post a Comment