Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Where Roses Are Green

I am so excited to have organized all the pictures and videos I took during my work trip to Maui. As I have mentioned before, I am reluctant to disclose any work-related information as the issues are rather controversial. And, who wants to blog about work anyway. But I did promise you some fun pictures and here is the first batch. The first day we visited a taro loi in Honopou. As I looked out from under a tree with a freshly made juice in one hand and a homemade banana muffin in another, I felt the peaceful life of living in the country. When I looked back at the owners of this beautiful loi who were sitting on an old wooden bench with their four wonderful dogs, I understood every sweat that went into growing their taro.
Taro Loi
Within the property are some beautiful views that you cannot see in a botanical garden or an arboretum. The photo on the left is the auwai that feeds the taro loi shown in the above photo. On the right is a photo of green roses. First time I see a true green flower. It was an amazing feeling.
Auwai  Green Roses
And look! My very first photomerge (using Adobe) of four photos I took of Wailuanui Valley. I have the Canon Powershot SD800 and I just love the stitch-assist function. Next time I will try merging 8 photos to create a larger view of the valley.
Wailuanui Valley

No comments: