Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Corned Beef Musubi Eating Contest

On a bright Saturday morning, Bryan and I had nothing to do. Actually, Bryan had to work and I had nothing to do. While I was going back and forth between the couch and the kitchen, the phone rang. I thought to myself, "Gosh, do I have to get my lazy butt off this comfortable couch, full of loving pillows and gentle softness? What could be better than what I am feeling now. Arrrgh! Fine, this better be good!" So I climbed off the couch and answered the phone. Bryan asked, "You wanna go Corned Beef Musibi Eating Contest at Walmart?" Chewing on my Granola (without oatmeal or cereal - total yummy deliciousness), I mumbled "yes" when all I could hear were "eating...Walmart."
Corned Beef Musubi Eating Contest
We arrived at the contest just in time to see the actual eating without the intro and other junk. There were two females and maybe 22 guys. I was so bummed that they had a best female prize which I could've won if I had entered the contest. I can eat and I can eat fast, despite the painful after-meal heartburn. Anyway, the contest was eat 15 corned beef musubi in 5 minutes. Most contestants couldn't finish and only one person (the winner) ate 15. One of the female contestants ate 6 which was amazing considering her small size. We got to try samples after the contest and I am glad I didn't enter because the corned beef was tough! Regardless, we had a great time because we got to see our favorite Tony Solis in action. As you can see, I tried to take a photo of him but I got caught red-handed.
Corned Beef Musubi Eating Contest
On a separate note, I totally love the song Summertime by New Kids on the Block. However, the music video completely ruins the love story I had in my mind when I first listened to the song. Grrr, why they gotta put dancing slutty females and pretend romance in the video for!

2 comments:

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

Gluttony rules!!

angelpoo said...

I agree!