Monday, March 9, 2009

Zinc Saucier

I have some really fabulous photos to share from my amazing hike in the Aiea Loop Trail. But first, let me tell you about my crazy desire to be Zinc Saucier. For those of you who are not familiar with the term "Zinc Saucier", it is from the Futurama episode where Bender (a super cool robot) learns to be a great chef. He challenged Elzar to a cook-off in Iron Cook, and the secret ingredient was Soylent Green (LOL!) Bender won the iron cook challenge but he denied the title of Iron Cook and instead, took the title of "Zinc Saucier". He learned that the secret to perfect cooking is confidence. You gotta watch it, such a silly episode. Ok, totally off topic. One night, I cooked a three-course meal! We had Kubota squash and corn soup simmered for three hours. For main dish, I made garlic fried baby bak choi (Bryan's favorite), and stir-fry ground turkey with bell peppers topped with small pieces of Kubota squash separately fried in soy sauce and sugar. I got the Kubota squash from my work trip to Maui. The taro farmers were so nice to give me one and taught me how to cook it.
Zinc Saucier Choo
Another night, I made stuffed portabella mushrooms. We bought the portabella in Costco. I had previously made stuffed button mushrooms and they were so tasty. Then I thought, why not stuff a large mushroom! Then we would get three times the yummy-ness. I am a total genius :)
Stuffed Portabella Mushroom
Zinc Saucier Choo. Thank you thank you [bow]~

2 comments:

happyoblivion said...

Ah yes, this lesser title of Zinc Saucier comes with double prize money.

Helen Doan said...

It seems like your cooking skill has surpassed mine. Bow to you!