Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Valentine's Day

We had a fabulous Valentine's Day this year! Thanks to my sweet HappyOblivion for making it such a beautiful and wonderful day, full of love and deliciousness. What? Eating again? You should know by now that when I say wonderful, food is always involved, either it be home-cooked or dining out. HappyOblivion took me to my favorite restaurant, Kincaid's, for an early-bird dinner to beat the crowd. By early-bird I mean 4:30PM. It was great because by the time we left, people were lining up outside the restaurant.

Their garlic bread is to die for! Soft toasted bread with melted garlic butter. As I was eating it, the butter dripped on my fingers. Ah, so ono!
Garlic Bread
For appetizer, we had the Italian Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese. I actually forgot what it was called so I googled "some tomato and mozzarella dish thingy" and the caprese popped up. We intended to place one order of the caprese but two orders came. We didn't refuse the extra dish but we were a little uneasy about the extra costs. When the bill came, we found out all appetizers were half-off during early-bird so we were like, "Yay! let's eat more!" The mozzarella was spongy, drizzled with a tangy sauce that complimented the soft taste of the cheese.
Italian Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese
HappyOblivion tried the Lemon Herb Crusted Mahimahi. As you can see, the food came just when the sun shined through the window. It was perfect lighting so I had to take a shot with my fabulous camera. Two pieces of perfectly cooked mahimahi with lightly grilled veggies and mashed potatoes at the bottom. You think this is great food, great photo...wait until you see the photo of my entree.
Lemon Herb Crusted Mahimahi
I had the Misoyaki Butterfish. All I can say is, the fish melted in my mouth. It was sooooo good I could it all day. But this photo...it captures the moment, the taste, and everything that comes with a perfect dinner and a memorable date. Thank you sweetie pie!
Misoyaki Butterfish

2 comments:

poohcow said...

I saw a bottle of something on your table - did you have wine with your meal?

angelpoo said...

Ha ha. No wine. That's just a wine bottle the restaurant used for a rose they put on each table that day. We are too cheap for wine. Plus, Bryan doesn't drink, remember? And me drinking by myself is kinda sad.