A short train ride took me to the main terminal where I checked-in to the ground transportation counter. Since I had 30 minutes before my ride, I made an effort to look for food even though I had learned to stay away from overpriced airport food. To my surprise, the prices were relatively reasonable. Here, I emphasize “relative”. I walked up to “the marketplace”, which was a group of three tiny stores. I was attracted to the store in the middle, with pastries neatly displayed in the counter and coffee menu written on a vintage-style chalk board. I bought a breggo, which is a contraction of bread, eggs, cubed potatoes, and a type of meat or vegetable – I chose sausage. The breggo is similar to a hot pocket but it tasted much better and without the unhealthy ingredients, by that I mean fat, fat, and more fat. I was instructed by the cashier to warm the breggo in the microwave for 1 minute. I found a seat by the store and enjoyed my breggo, bite-by-bite. It was delicious and I began to think, my eating journey has begun.


On the road from the airport to my hotel, Denver looked dry despite the constant rain. The land was brown and bare, with the occasional red barn house in the middle of a lonely field. This reminded me of Clark kent’s (modern version of Superman) barn in Smallville. Nothing was truly green. Some road signs show the common geographic mountain symbol and beside it, the land elevation. I guess the topography in Colorado is something of importance and maybe pride to the locals. The industrial part of Denver is, well, pretty lifeless, like Sacramento lifeless. The residential neighborhood showcased some older Victorian-style homes as well as perfect square shaped ones. Residential street signs were really blue, so blue that I was fixated on them for the longest time.
The first highlight of my day was getting complimentary internet access for the duration of my stay at the hotel. I desperately needed internet access so I could spent the whole night hunting for more Easter eggs on fluffbook (Facebook application). Before my Easter egg hunt expedition, I went for a short swim. As with a majority of hotel websites, the photos look much better than reality. I was excited at what I thought was a gigantic pool, which turned out to be smaller than my apartment pool. Stupid Photoshop! No matter, it was heated and I could do laps.
Since my last meal was the breggo, I contemplated on getting room service for a light snack before going to bed. I wanted to enjoy my Sunday show, Masterpiece Classic Little Dorrit, with food - like movie and popcorn. Well, stupid hotel didn’t have PBS, so I decided to grab a drink and small snack at the hotel convenient store. Lame but I was lazy. Then, I was off to my Easter egg hunt on Facebook.
5 comments:
Yeah, eat your way through Denver! See you have free internet, now everything is good...
Yeah, did you call Denver ahead and ask them to stock up on more food because you were coming?
Gee, am I that piggish? Ha ha, eat my way thru Denver, I love that! DMSC, you were right. Eating alone is not as bad as I thought. I actually enjoyed it. Of course I love to eat with people that I know. But now I don't have to be scared of eating alone incase I have to go on another business trip alone.
the adventures of Choo! so fun! Don't worry, you can catch up on Little Dorrit online, on Masterpiece Theater's website. It's such a great series!
I know! I love that series and I love Mathew McFayden! He is so lovely and so kind. He is also a great actor. I loved him in Pride and Prejudice.
Post a Comment