Friday, April 17, 2009

Journal of My Denver Travel - Thursday

Yipeee! Today is the last day of the conference and I am returning home tomorrow, hopefully. I have been watching the news and a winter storm is moving in from the West. There are road closures on the I-25 and I-70 already, and soon there will be a snowplow boom on the freeways. I haven't seen a snowplow for awhile. Heck, I haven't seen snow since I last went skiing, which was almost 5 years ago.

All snow talk aside, tonight's dinner was at Tuk Tuk Thai Grill. I thought their logo was kind of cute, a choo choo train and therefore "tuk tuk choo choo" Thai Grill. Get it? It is a very small and cozy restaurant with some of the nicest servers I have ever met. The cashier (who was also a server) would say, "Good afternoon miss, what can I get for you today?" Then I ask all kinds of questions about the food, what's good, what does he recommend, and I continue until I am tired of talking. With complete patience (unlike me) and politeness, he answered all my questions and waited until I finally made up my mind.
Tuk Tuk Thai Grill
I ordered the pineapple fried rice because I was craving for pineapples, and curry, and pad thai.....almost everything on the Specials menu. The fried rice also had carrots, peas, chicken, eggs, and cashews. The fried rice smelled so yummy. One of the best things about this dish was the shrimp. I am not a big fan of shrimp and the only shrimp dish I absolutely love is the Chinese Walnut Shrimp. But the shrimp in the fried rice was unbelievably delicious. It was fresh and coated with some kind of curry flavor that didn't overpower the overall taste of the dish. The rice was also fried to perfection, with a little burnt wok taste (but the rice was far from being burnt). I could eat this forever!
Pineapple Fried Rice
Okay, I gotta go catch my flight. Yeah, it didn't get cancalled yet and hopefully I get to go home today. Catch ya later :)

2 comments:

Helen Doan said...

You should have ordered every dish on the menu. Just take the left-over back home.

happyoblivion said...

Hello Tuk Tuk! :) Awwww, the pineapple fried rice looks good. Haven't had that for a long time. Let's go for Thai food when you get back!