
This is a 2 story cottage-style house that sits on top of a 10 degree slope in one of the shortest dead end streets in Manoa. I have wanted to live in Manoa Valley since I moved to Hawaii. People say "everything grows in Manoa" because the Koolau Mountains that border one side of the valley bring with them rain and trade-winds, which make perfect weather for plants. Certainly, plant enthusiasts such as I are attracted to the lush green environment of Manoa. During the summer, Bryan and I run this valley because of the cooler weather.
The houses in Manoa are very distinct - an eclectic collection of victorian, cottage, swiss chalet, roman, american, japanese, chinese, and island style homes. It is quite difficult to find two of the same style of houses in the entire valley. The streets are filled with color, from warm tones of yellow and orange to bold red and black homes. White houses look majestic, yet the aqua blue and orange trim house that sits atop the mountain tells a different story. Manoa has character and that is why I love it.

This is the living-dining room area. We fell in love with the cathedral ceilings the moment we stepped into the house. The ceilings are 15-20 feet high and the space is so open. The wood laminate floors are relatively new because they still shine. Our furniture and decorative elements match with the feel of the home :)

The lanai gives a view of Diamond Head, the ocean, and the Koolau Mountains. What more can I ask for!

Guess why I love the kitchen? It's GREEN! My red Le Creuset spatula set look fabulous in the green kitchen. Oh and all the windows have a view of the mountains. I have never enjoyed washing dishes so much! The layout of the kitchen is a bit weird but nothing we can't fix.
I love my house...well, the 2nd story at least. Stay tuned for a peak of the 1st story of the house and what we are doing to make it awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment