I have been offered (or so I think) a TA position today and I don't know what to do...oh dilemma, crisis, confusion, frustration, absent-minded. I would love to give it a try but there is always that fear of public rejection, own stupidity, and total nerviousness. Now I really have to know my stuff because I have to teach it! The TA benefits are great and workload is great also. I am sure it will be a challenge but the uncertainty is killing me. Does anyone know what exactly a TA does? What does it take to be a TA? A genius? Oh gosh, I rather get stuck on Jumble than making this decision. Help...
7 comments:
Sorry, can't help. Never been a TA. But I think you can handle it :)
I assume this TA'ing an undergrad class? It depends on what the prof is expecting of you. Does he want you to lecture? Lead discussions? And/or just grade papers?
Either way, I say go for it.
Well, what he told me was prepare labs (if science related), office hours and grade papers (if calculus or statistics). I still don't know if I will get the position but very likely.
Wot happened to the tag board?
Sorry, it was causing some loading problems the past 2 days. I will put it on tomorrow! Sorry for the inconvenience caused :)
Hey everyone! I have accepted the TA position at UH! I am so happy because they offered me half time position with full tuition paid and stipend as well. I guess I have money to feed myself now :) Thank you everyone for being so supportive and helpful. Mahalo!
Let's go pig out when you're back. I'll buy you a drink!
Post a Comment