Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Wine or Beer?
I am never really much of a wine person though I like it more than beer. Beer taste disgusting except for Honu Beer and Corona (definitely with lime). I remember going to the Napa wine tasting tour and I didn't like the taste of red or white wine. The cheese and chocolate brownies were excellent! I did find one wine that I LOVE and it was Robert Mondavi's Moscato, a dessert wine. It was so sweet, like chinese dessert but with alcohol! Unfortunately, Moscato is only available in Napa so I can only dream of the taste here in Honolulu. Then my friend introduced me to Beringer's White Zinfandel which is available in Costco at 2 for $10. Cheap ey??? One taste and it brought me back to Moscato...it was great!!! I absolutely love it - the price, the taste, the color, the smell, everything! I urge all of you to try this if you haven't already.
2 comments:
if you like the sweet stuff, you can always drink port, but it's thick. As for whites, try fume blanc or sauvignon blanc (they're the same things basically) or chenin blanc. Reislings are a good way to go as well, and they tend to be cheap.
beer beer beer, beer in my belly. yummy yummy beer. try modelo negro or bohemia. Maybe even hefeweizen. A lot of ales tend to have fruity flavors hidden underneath.
Ooooo, I like fruity flavor. I am a fruity drinker :) However, I don't know my drinks well so when I go to a bar, I just say "Give me your strongest and fruitiest drink." It turns out great every time xP
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried the sauvignon blanc and didn't like it too much. Port ey...maybe. Time for wine shopping.
Post a Comment