Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tasty Plate

The sunday before Thanksgiving, Macy's had an early grand-reopening event when almost everything was on sale. While my friends were busy deciding whether to buy the elegant and festive white plates, Bryan and I went looking for food when we stumbled on these beautiful and traditional Japanese plates. We had seen and wanted these plates before but never bought because they were $39 each. We couldn't believe how reasonably priced they were - $16. I wouldn't go as far as to say they were cheap because anything over $5 is not cheap.

A week later, I cooked a simple lunch with noodles, fish cake, bell peppers, and bak choi. When I plated the food on the Japanese plates, I noticed how much presentation can entice the taste buds. Even though it was just the mind that was fooling me, the food seemed to taste better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

pretty! your food looks yummy!

haha... yeah I've been told that anything over $5 is over the limit by the same source you're probably thinking of...

Anonymous said...

never loan out your duct tape or your tools. It's best to play dumb and say something like "no, i don't have any tape, but I should totally get some, it's so handy."

btw, teeny noodles are tasty tasty.

angelpoo said...

Thanks guys for liking my noodles :)

Hmmm...for some reason, that sounded kind of disgusting.