Saturday, September 20, 2008

Not as planned

These past few days were full of disappointments.  On Friday after eating lunch with my co-workers in Chinatown, I was in search for my favorite fruit - the durian. I was hoping to share this fruit with people in the office, hoping to find a durian buddy. All I found were rotten durians. So sad. 

Today, HappyOblivion and I planned on eating lunch at Mana Bu and then watch KungFu Panda at the dollar theater. Well, Mana Bu was closed so we decided to eat lunch at Restaurant Row. Stupid, EVERYTHING was closed except for Hokulani, where we each bought a cupcake, and Subway, where we bought a Spicy Italian footlong.  When we stood in line to buy the movie tickets, the movie sold out! So, we bought tickets for the next showing of KingFu Panda.  Since we bought the Subway sandwiches already, we ate lunch really quickly  and then hopped over the Costco.

During the movie, kids kept on walking back and forth, left and right.  Babies crying, kids running, mothers yelling - it was like a daycare center. At one point, I put my feet down and the floor was slippery. I don't even want to know if it was pee or soda. Before the credits were over, everyone was in a hurry to leave so I could only see maybe half the screen. Grrr! 

After the movie, we went to Sports Authority.  HappyOblivion couldn't find his knee support thing and I couldn't find cheap swimsuits. Aiyaaa! Since I am a little bummed out today, I thought a food picture would do some good to this sad post. Below is a picture of a beautiful and delicious cupcake I ate at a party two weekends ago. It is chocolate cake with orange-flavored frosting.
Cupcakes

2 comments:

happyoblivion said...

The cupcakes were yummy. Yeah, the dollar theater was like a daycare (those were my words!). The little kid next to me kept bumping her foot or arm against me. I think we were the only people in the theater without children. Oh well, the movie was fun at least. :)

angelpoo said...

Aiyaaaa! Yes, those were your words and I agree with you. Maybe you should BLOG about it since you haven't blogged for a LONG LONG time!!!!!