Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blog, I miss you!

It's been ages since I last blogged. Well, about half a month but it felt like forever. So much has happened and I am not sure where to begin. I guess I should start by apologizing to my blog friends for not reading or commenting on their posts in the last 3 weeks. I have been consumed by work, obviously not by choice. I have a lot of catching up to do. Look forward to my comments :)

Shortly after the day of my last post, I found myself packing for Maui again. Work trip, same as last time so I didn't take that many pictures. However, I did manage to take enough so that I can stitch assist another more comprehensive view of Wailua Valley. It was yesterday that I finally had the time to merge all the photos (10 total) into one. The final product is 30 MB! When I zoomed into the image, the taro patches were so clear and defined. This is much better than my last attempt, which is a composit of only 4 photos. I also visited a secluded beach located at the mouth of Wailuanui Stream. Public access to this beach is "understood" by the community to be prohibited. If you look suspicious while trying to walk down to this beach, and you come across one of the locals, GOOD LUCK! With that said, you should thank me for showing you the beautiful view this beach offers :) No really, thank me!

Lately, I have become addicted to body boarding. Now that I have a new, more professional looking board, I am a little more confident of boarding at Waikiki Beach with the corals beneath me. I plan to take a picture of my new board so wait for my next post. Now that the deadlines are over, I have more time to go...today!

Oh so, I have been stalking the guys at the GameStop in Ala Moana for Mario Kart. For so long they sold out! Then one day, when I wasn't planning on getting the game because I gave up already, I walked into GameStop and asked, "By any chance, you got Mario Kart?" Ah ha! They have it and it was the last copy. The next day, I went to Best Buy and found tons of them lying on the shelf. Grrr! So much for my excitment. Anywho, HappyOblivion and I have been playing the game every night, and yelling at the TV for bumping King Boo off the road or bombing poor cute Toad. If you have the game, who is your favorite character? My favorite is King Boo; though Toad is an equal contender.

4 comments:

happyoblivion said...

Toad is best!

happyoblivion said...

Go go blue team!

angelpoo said...

Ohhh, next time :(

Helen Doan said...

I like princess.