Friday, September 26, 2008

Photo Contest

Have to make this short because of my eyes - they are beginning to close. I finally gathered all my courage to enter one of my photos in the Costco Photo Contest. Looking at the photos of the past winners, I don't think I have a chance. Then I thought, I definitely won't have a chance if I don't submit anything. So, I submitted my favorite photo - close up of a monarch butterfly on an orange flower, taken at the National Tropical Botanical Garden in Kauai. Winners will be announced in February.

Our refrigerator broke on the night before I had to leave for Maui. Talk about bad timing. HappyOblivion was very nice to take care of transporting our precious food to the community refrigerator in the party room in the complex. He also cleaned the refrigerator and floor underneath. Today, the mechanic came and fixed it. Turns out the compressor was chooed up so fixing was minimal. Whew! Our precious food is now back in our refrigerator.

Oooo, because I worked so many overtime, my boss told me I could get Monday off. Yay!

No comments: