Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mana Bu

I'd hate for my blog to turn into a food blog, as there exists a million others already. However, food is such an important part of my life that I have to blog about my somewhat "recent" memorable food encounters. Notice the quotation marks - I am pretty behind on my posts.

HappyOblivion and I had heard of Mana Bu, a cute Japanese take out place (okazuya) that sells healthy musubi's and other sweets. Since the chefs value quality and not quantity, the store sells out quickly. About a couple weeks ago, HappyOblivion and I finally visited Mana Bu. The store is very small. Wooden shelves are lined up against two sides of the wall with different musubi's neatly displayed on each shelf. The third wall has a refrigerator unit with desserts and pickled vegetables. The musubi's are made with very healthy ingredients, such as seaweed, 10-grain rice, corn and other vegetables, ume, and dried fish. Below are some of the food we bought.  Starting from the upper left and following a "Z" direction: Shiso and Wakame Musubi, Veggie Curry Pilaf Musubi, Tamago, Cold Zenzai with Mochi. We love them all. I particularly liked the Tamago - the sweetness was just right. With America becoming more health conscious, this will become a popular alternative to the American diet. 
Mana Bu

5 comments:

Helen Doan said...

They sounds healthy but don't look good at all. I think the ninja sushi is better.

angelpoo said...

Yeah, the sushi does look better. However, these do taste good. You don't feel stuffed like you do after a gigantic meal.

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

Yum.... they look good! Have you guys tried the Well Bento?

angelpoo said...

Yup, we liked Well Bento. Should'a gone more times but we only ate there once a while ago. I still have their menu but I bet it changed.

Anonymous said...

aww, I want some musubi! Both of those musubi look so delicious! I can't say the same for mister lower right corner....