Friday, October 3, 2008

Ninja Sushi

Have I ever blogged about Ninja Sushi - my favorite fast food sushi joint? We particularly like the one near Pearlridge. We go there so often we sometimes get complimentary pot stickers, yummy. The people in that store are very nice. I am not saying this because they give us free food. They work hard to keep the store clean and orderly. They provide us with freshly brewed corn and barley tea. The first time I drank it, I loved it so much I asked how they brewed it. The owner went in the kitchen and came back with a small bag of roasted corn and barley for me to take home and make my own tea. So very nice people. Oh and on my last birthday, I went there for lunch and they treated me to green tea mochi ice-cream. It was a simple birthday lunch, nothing fancy but I was comfortable. Not so long ago I watched a documentary on the food stalls in Japan, and how these tiny places provide an escape and safe heaven for the working people of Japan. Well, the Ninja at Pearlridge is my very own food stall.

This is a picture of the drawings in the store.
Ninja Sushi 1
Lion roll.
IMG_7215
Spicy Ahi Donburi.
IMG_7213
T-Dragon Roll.
IMG_7219

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh... yum...

Anonymous said...

Fed-Ex some over here, utensils and soy sauce appreciated.

Helen Doan said...

Looks so good! My escape place would be either bookstore or coffee shop.

happyoblivion said...

Hey, that looks yummy! Let's go eat there sometime soon! :)

Helen Doan said...

Chewy! I want to make another trip to Hawaii. When should I go? When are you gonna be back to Cal?

angelpoo said...

Hi Helen, I will be back for Christmas. When you plan to come? Better to come in the summer when it's not raining as much. But if you wanna come earlier, April is good too!

Helen Doan said...

April sounds great! Let's see if the supreme will go too. It'll be fun.

angelpoo said...

That will be good fun. Just make sure not to do what she did - let me know she was coming two days before. So yeah, tell me ahead of time.