Today was a very accomplished day. First we went to Walmart to take pictures with what we thought were actual Over the Hedge characters. Well, it was a poster background with Over the Hedge characters. Very disappointing at first until we went to front of the store to check out the claw machine and found the three eye dude from Toy Story! If you have read my previous posts you'll know how crazy I am with those guys. We clawed 2 out before and we wanted a third one to make one set. As we were drooling over the little green guy, someone from behind asked which one we would like. It turned out he was there to service the machines and he just took out the three eye dude for us. I was so happy my jaw just dropped! Then we went back to the photo center hoping we would find someone to bug for our free photo and frame with the Over the Hedge characters. There she was, taking pictures for everyone! Yeah, we got our free paper frame and photo inside, I was satisfied.
Then we went to the Wahiawa Pineapple Festival. Those pineapples were so delicious! One booth had pineapple dipped chocolate, rocket bursting candy thingys, caramel, condensed milk, coconut, and honey. There were also plain Del Monte and Dole cut pineapples. I drank lots of sweet pineapple juice. At the end I was so full I couldn't finish licking my pineapple yogurt which was oddly from Texas. Oh and we entered this pineapple throwing contest where you were supposed to throw the pineapple to a target hole. So you hold the pineapple head and twist to break off body as you were throwing it. Funny it took me 7 or 8 tries until the stupid head finally came off! I was pretty close to getting the pineapple into the target.
After our tummies were full, we walked around and found these gigantic mangoes!

Then we walked by an orchid booth and I could not resist the beauty and the colors of these plants. I bought one even though I killed the three I had back in Cali. I am counting on the warm and humid Hawaii weather to save this orchid :)

Lastly, we went to Costco to stock up! Well, I bought a boogie board so I can so boogie boarding tomorrow. I also bought a pair of silicone oven mitt for $12.99! Very reasonable pricing.
No comments:
Post a Comment