Sunday, May 28, 2006

Boogie Choogie

For 2 weekends in a row, we went boogie boarding at a beautiful not-too-crowded beach in Kailua. The first weekend had 2-4 foot waves which were perfect for the beginner. At first I was scared of the waves because they look like they were gonna kill me! Then as I moved farther and farther out, it wasn't so bad afterall. 3 hours of boogie boarding and came back with peeling skin on my face. Lesson learned: sunscreen on face! What kind of UH college student doesn't know that? Fool I say!

Yesterday had these tiny 2 foot waves but bigger ones farther out. I was a little hesitant but swam out because the inner waves were way too small. Caught a couple bigger ones and rode all the way to shore. I had a blast! Although, my sunburned crispy skin was not so happy :( I guess I needed to bathe myself in sunblock lotion before being cooked in the ocean. My face was ok though :) Lesson learned: reapply lotion after going into the ocean.

1 comment:

poohcow said...

I thought you learned from us last time we were at HI? My back kept peeling for weeks :o

I guess I know what to get you for your belated birthday gift -- good facial sunblock :)