Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Celebration

The day after I returned home, we had a gigantic dinner to celebrate Christmas and my two sisters' birthdays. There were lots of food! We had honey-roasted ham, yam, cranberry-orange sauce, vegetables, fish, and turkey. Although the turkey was a little undercooked in the middle, the seasoning was yummy! I also really enjoyed the fish, which was coated in batter and panko crumbs, then lightly pan-fried.
Christmas Turkey
After dinner, my niece and nephew helped make madeleines for our LA trip the next day. They did a little "real" mixing before it became a game of who-can-throw-more-flour-on-the-carpet.
Madeleine
This year's birthday cake was beautiful. No, my sister didn't bake a cake for herself, which she shouldn't. She went and bought a cake that she loved and shared with everyone. It was a chocolate cake with winter theme decorations.
Birthday Cake
Mmm...I still like her cakes more :)

No comments: