Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hong Kong Style Breakfast

My family and I took a trip to Los Angeles for 4 days. The purpose of this trip was to visit HappyOblivion's parents, but...outlet hopping was also on our to-do list :) I have never been to an outlet in LA. If I have, I certainly don't remember because either I didn't buy much and/or I didn't have any money. Now that I have a job, I saved up some to blow away.

We went to the outlet just before Palm Springs, 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, and Citadel Outlets in LA. We all expected expensive things in Santa Monica. However, we ended up buying the most there :) Speaking of purchases, my sisters bought me a Furla bag. I don't have any brand name bags for obvious reasons (in case you don't know, I am pake and I don't earn much). But a Furla bag for $60, originally $300. I have to say this, again, for the 500th time, "Wa, go Furla doy hou pang ah!" (English - The Furla bag is really cheap!) On the drive back from LA, my sister and I kept on repeating that phrase. So silly. Anywho, we really enjoyed shopping in Santa Monica. The beach was nice and the atmosphere was romantic. There were people singing on the streets, doing tricks, and dancing. One of the stores had cigar boxes for sale. I love cigar boxes because they are sort of antique and romantic.

I was excited about shopping because things were cheap. However, I was more interested in the food. When I was in Hong Kong, I ate so much good food. I don't quite remember what I ate but everything was delicious. In LA, we each had a Hong Kong style breakfast almost everyday. The breakfast came with macaroni and chicken, sausages, toast, and 2 eggs. The best part was the milk-tea-coffee drink. Milk tea is pretty common. But milk-tea-coffee is usually available in Hong Kong style restaurants, which are not so common.
Hong Kong Style Breakfast
Stay tuned for our trip to the famous Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax.

2 comments:

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

Where were these Hong Kong style breakfasts at?

angelpoo said...

Um...I have to find out where exactly but one of them is called The Garden Restaurant. Gosh, I really want to eat that again!