Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Farmer's Market

On the last day of our trip in Los Angeles, we visited Farmer's Market at 3rd and Fairfax. I loved the atmosphere and the feel of the place, very country-like. It was crowded, smelled great, food everywhere, shops with weird stuff, and people doing random things. While I struggled to squeeze my way in, I came across HappyOblivion's shop, "Bryan's BBQ", ha! (No, he doesn't have a shop.)
Bryan's BBQ
We stopped by a general store that sold gourmet ingredients. By the front door were 6 tubs of olives, all different variety. I saw Evian water for $6 because the bottle was specially design by Christian Lacroix. The most amazing was the coloful pasta stacked neatly on the shelf. I thought, "Maybe the colors make the pasta taste better!"
Coloful Pasta
A little after noon, I was craving for sweet sweet crepes. I dunno why. So we stopped for a quick bite at The French Crepe Company. I ordered the La Chapon, which was made with cream of chestnut spread and whipped cream. My sister ordered the Crêpe Suzette, which was made with grand marnier, butter, and sugar. My parents ordered the Venezia panini sandwich made with goat cheese, sun-ripened tomato, black olive spread, and basil. They were all so delicious. I LOVED the chestnut crepe, so rich and creamy. Sorry, I ate it so fast I forgot to take a picture of the cream.
The French Crepe Company
While everyone were finishing their food, I wandered around the market, looking for fruit stands. I love taking shots of fruit stands because they are so colorful, and colors make me happy :)
Farmer's Market
I wish we had more time to walk around Farmer's Market. Next time...

No comments: