Friday, November 14, 2008

Alii Kula Lavender Farm

My friend had told me about AKL and that I would enjoy walking in the farm. Well, I DID! The farm was beautiful. Even though we went after the harvest, the farm and the gardens were still entertaining the visitors with their bubbly charm. The farm was divided in half - uphill and downhill. The uphill portion of the farm was filled with little dome-shaped lavender plants. From the bottom of the hill, the ground looked as if it was foaming with green bubbles. The downhill portion of the farm consisted of an array of eclectic gardens, some of lavender, some of other wild plants. I tried to take photos of all the weird flowers in the garden but the weather was windy, so still-shots were rather difficult. The nursery was in the downhill portion. There were keiki lavender and succulents. When I walked in the nusery, I felt like godzilla trampling on the babies. Scattered around the farm are purple benches, which I absolutely adore, and resting spots. As we were leaving, I stopped by the gift shop to see what sort of products can be made from lavender. I saw jams, jellies, spreads, perfume (of course), and bath items. Nothing out of the ordinary. Back at the car, we finished the last of our krispy kreme donuts. Despite, the cold weather, I was glad I wore my purple dress to blend-in with the lavender farm.

1 comment:

The Death Metal Soccer Coach said...

Great pics, I knew you would love it! Aaaahhhh.... I can smell the lavendar......