Friday, November 28, 2008

Hihiwai

On my last work trip to East Maui, I took some keiki hihiwai home with me. If you want to know what a Hihiwai is and why I love them so much, see my Artsy post. The following day, I went to FloraDec and bought a small glass container and some rocks to make them a home. These guys are really easy to take care of. They just need some rocks, algae, and chlorine-free water. No air filter, no food, no pump. For a couple days, the hihiwai have gathered in one corner of the container. I keep wanting to move them on the rocks. Then HappyOblivion said, "Would you want me to move you away from the couch and the TV whenever I want to?" Then, I stopped thinking about moving the hihiwai. Now, they just sit in one corner everyday, every minute, every second of the day. I miss my turtles.
Oh My Hihiwai

No comments: