We had bought a can of crab at Costco this past weekend for making crab cakes on Tuesday (Election Day), when we had the day off. Stupid us went hiking for 4 hours and was too tired to do anything that night, except for lazying on our comfy couch. So, the crabby dinner was postponed to tonight. On my way home from work today, I stopped by Foodland to pick up butter and some veggies. I spend a good two hours preparing a delicious crabby meal. Originally, I had planned on making simple crab cakes. Then I thought, "Why not crab croquettes AND cakes? A little variety would spice up the meal." Molding the cakes was the hardest part, trying very hard to keep everything together while I cover the cakes with flour, egg, then panko crumbs. I had also made corn bread from the Marie Calendar corn bread mix we bought from Costco. I tried using real corn and corn juice just as the recipe says, but the whole batch tasted disgusting. So, plan B was to eat taro buns, also from Costco. I LOVE COSTCO! HappyOblivion toasted some buns with butter inside. He also prepared a simple salad topped with a gigantic amount of croutons :) For veggies, I fried broccoli with salt and black pepper. Ta da, dinner is served.
3 comments:
The crabcakes and crab croquettes were delicious! Yummy in my tummy... :)
[jedi mind trick] You do not like guavas, Angelpoo [/jedi mind trick]
Looks like I can retire from cooking for the family :)
The next big family feast is on you chef choo!
Post a Comment