Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kaimuki Block Party

This past weekend, we pigged out at the Celebrate Kaimuki Kanikapila Craft Fair & Block Party. You know us, where there is food, we're soooo there. We had bunches of fun. I took a picture of my twin, Pikachu. [PikaAAA!!!]  He was just sitting right outside of the Toys n Joy booth, smiling at me. So, I had to hug him and ask for his autograph. Then off to the food. We had coffee gelee, meat jun bento, and turkey plate. They were all so very ono. The gelee was my favorite. It had a layer of thick creamy coffee at the bottom, topped with whipped cream and chocolate flakes.
PikaAAA!  Coffee Gelee
The meat jun bento was meaty. I had promised myself NO MORE PORK but I think the bento also had pork jun. Stupid HappyOblivion! We couldn't resist an early Thanksgiving meal. I was craving for sweet sweet gravy. I also really liked the stuffing because it had mac nuts.
Jun Bento  Turkey Plate
Since we ate too much, we decided to take a stroll along the street. We stopped at the Taj of Honolulu booth, which was right in front of where we ate. Stupid Choo! All the T-shirts with discontinued designs were on sale for $6 each (normally $12). I had bought the Pig Out shirt not too long ago and it was one of the discontinued designs. I was so sad that I bought one for HappyOblivion, my niece, and nephew. I also bought one (with another more matured design) for my mommy. Yup, I bought 4 shirts for $20. Not only that, I also got sucked into the sweet sales talk of one of the girls there and bought a metal stencil for who knows what! I gotta say, she was good ... she could read my mind. After spending all my cash at this booth, I got tired and decided to go home. So much for a stroll.
Pig Out

1 comment:

happyoblivion said...

The meat jun was beef, not pork, though not sure about the mandoo...